ITPA Diagnostics Group
The ITPA Diagnostics Group - Special Working Group on First Wall Diagnostics was inaugurated on September 10th, 2009. It is co-chaired by Charles Skinner, Dmitry Rudakov and Roger Reichle.
- The first wall is a critical factor in ITER's safe operation and the achievement of high performance plasmas.
- First wall diagnostics (FWD) are necessary for machine protection and for controlling plasma-wall interactions.
- The mission of the SWG on first wall diagnostics is to assist the ITER Organization achieve the project objectives in the area of first wall diagnostics by providing a forum for experts in the world fusion community to pool their knowledge and advise the ITER Organization on First Wall measurements and First Wall Diagnostic issues.
The official internet site of the ITPA Topical Group on Diagnostics Special Working Group on First Wall Diagnostics. Part of the webpages are password protected as they may contain material that has not yet been published. No use of the material in publications/presentations outside the ITPA Topical Group functions is permitted without the explicit permission from the authors. If you wish to gain access please send an email to cskinner-at-pppl.gov (after replacing the '-at- with an '@' - this is to avoid robotic email address sniffers) with the following information:.
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Institutional Affiliation:
- Email Address:
- ITPA activities (if applicable)
- Area of interest
Topics of First Wall Diagnostics
- Cooling water calorimetry
- Dust monitoring
- Erosion and deposition (Divertor)
- Erosion (Wall)
- In-vessel viewing system
- IR Thermography
- IR Cameras, Vis/IR TV
- Langmuir probes
- Residual Gas Analyzers
- Tritium monitoring