The main activities at Kurchatov on A+M Data are concerned with new data generation, computer code developments for tokamak plasma processes, and data acquisition systems. New data and studies over the past two years include:
- Data related to neutral beam heating. Reactions involving D- negative ions; D2 molecules and D2- molecular ions have been experimentally observed.
- Plasma radiation.
- Ultra fast method of calculating the dynamic spectral line shapes, with application to radiation transport modeling;
- Fast code nl-KINRYD for collisional-radiative kinetics of Rydberg atomic states;
- Fast code ESMEABRR for bremsstrahlung and radiative recombination.
- Data for tungsten and carbon surface change under high dose plasma exposure obtained in the LENTA linear plasma facility, in connection with the IAEA CRP on surface composition dynamics.
- Experimental and theoretical studies of nanostructured deposited films in tokamaks.
- Dust in tokamaks; dust charge and tritium retention issues; also study of discharge stabilization by dust injection into plasma.
There are new results in the data acquisition system; see http://cpunfi.fusion.ru/dassql/dasweb2.dll/showgl